Saturday, April 30, 2016

Envelopes - plenty of them

Share it Please
I love paper, the smell, the feel, the different textures, I walk into places like Kikki K just to window shop and look at all the pretty papers, journals, planners and everything else they sell.  I have yet to buy, its not in the plan - YET!

I do use an envelope system though for my budgeting categories.  I first started out with ordinary envelopes from the supermarket, with my budget category scrawled on the front.  I wrapped a rubber band around them all to keep them together.

No longer.

Now I use Dave Ramsey's Money Wallet, I am in no way affiliated with him but I loved the wallet.  The cheapest place I found it was from "The Book Depository"  It cost $22 I think with free postage.  But it does take a couple of weeks to get here as they are in the UK. I haven't had it long, but if I am in this budgeting thing for the long haul then I needed something a little more sturdy (smile)

Here is the size of it against my mouse.

Inside the wallet has a note pad, a pen, extra envelopes and a clear pocket where I keep any loose change during the week.
It's really quite compact  


One of the many pockets labelled ready for the next fortnights money to go in.
Categories like Food and clothes that I need every fortnight are in here, If you don't like the actual envelope system you can set up one electronically.  Find a bank that lets you have accounts with no account keeping fees, and you can have as many accounts as you need for your envelope system.

If this is out of the budget literally, then my standard supermarket bought envelopes with a rubberband work too.  Also another great idea is little photo accordion albums.  In South Australia they Usually can be bought from Cheap as Chips, The reject Shop, sometimes Kmart.

 Chat Soon

Melissa



No comments:

Post a Comment